Friday, October 16, 2009

The Day My Mother Swore...

When you are injured and stuck inside the house, it's the little things that make you smile. The thing that made me smile -- and forget my pain if for only a few minutes -- was my mother swearing.

This may sound silly. People swear everyday, I know I do a lot. But my parents do not -- and I mean EVER. In my nearly 28 years of life, I have NEVER heard my mother swear.

However, late one night this past week my mother just let one slide. She was trying to get me settled in my room and was reaching for something she needed and realized that my dad had moved it. And without missing a beat, she let loose a "DAMN!" And it stopped me dead in my tracks.

Most of us don't even think of damn as a swear word anymore -- it really isn't a big deal. But you must realize, for my mother it very much is... and she immediately started apologizing to me for her language. I was laughing so hard that I couldn't speak. My mother was so upset that she had swore, but what she didn't realize was how much it made me smile and how it just lightened my day, if for only a few minutes.

I just wanted to share... and I'm sure she'd kill me if she knew this was being told :) Good thing she doesn't read my blog -- I don't think! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment