Monday, March 15, 2010

A St. Patty's Festival With No Green Beer??

Richmond held it's annual Shamrock the Block festival this past Saturday, and left much to be desired. With the exception of thousands of people wearing green, there was nothing to distinguish this as a St. Patty's day event.

So... what was missing most, you might ask? No green beer. No Irish beer, for that matter... no Guinness, no Bass, no Smithwick's...

No... all that was available to the huddled masses were Budweiser brands... and oh yeah, nothing says "Luck of the Irish" like a tiny $5 Budweiser...

Richmond... you have something to learn from your sister cities. At least they know how to party properly! Oh well... at least my money went to charity.

So I guess I'll have to wait for Wednesday's actual celebration to have my official green beer.

Do I like food coloring in my beer? No... it's pretty nasty, if you think about it. But it's celebratory and necessary. A right of passage if you will.

So, raise your glass (and hopefully there is something better than Bud in it) and say with me "Slainte!"

Happy St. Pat's!

No comments:

Post a Comment